Monday, October 6, 2008

Random Thoughts for October

1. Whats going on with the revival of Colored Girls on Broadway? The show was supposed to debut in August, but after losing a backer in July, I haven't heard anything else about it... I hope Whoopi and company are able to make this thing happen!

2. I'm so excited about this opera written by Toni Morrison, its the story of Margaret Garner, a runaway slave. I'm going to try to get the $10 tickets for students to the dress rehearsal.

3. Whats the difference between socialization and assimilation? Does the difference matter?

4. I really like the new Jazmine Sullivan album... but I had to take it out of my cd player because I'm just not feeling the fear/hatred of men theme throughout the album... My vibe is much more aligned with the new Maiysha album... I really recommend that you check her out...

5. Why do people like that Kanye "Love Lockdown" garbage?

6. 6 days until the Chicago Marathon!

peace.

No comments: