1. The critical nature of exuding positive energy while in this space (or anywhere actually)... Happiness starts with you... all my negativity is out the door!
Complaining is for suckers ;-)
2. The blog Hip Hop is Read
3. Which lead to my discovery of Ivan's (the creator of Hip Hop is Read) funky drummer compilations (featuring ?uestlove)
4. Which led me to my discovery of the Jazzyfatnastees (might be old to you, but deliciously new to me!)
5. Twitter :-)
6. Solange's new album... yes Solange! check it out... you'll love the funky 70's feel :-)
7. Neyo's new album Year of the Gentleman (FYI don't waste your time with the new Eric Benet album)
8. ING High Interest Savings Accounts... in this economy [and in general] everybody should have enough money to cover at least three months of rent/bills/utilities/food... put your money away in a high interest savings account! (and make a budget!)
9. Clear skin!!!!! my first year of graduate school acne is finally gone! (see all that positive thinking is paying off already *smile*)
10. Chicago artists The Cool Kids, I love their album The Bake Sale (for blasting in your car speakers only)... their mixtape leaves a lot to be desired...
11 . Janelle Monae... actually... I definitely was listening to this before my leave of absence I just forgot to mention it... I just wish it wasn't such a short album!
12. Raphael Saadiq's new album The Way I See It
13. Shop It To Me.com
14. funniest thing ever: Pundit Kitchen
15. Finishing a 20 mile run feels GREAT... but finishing your first qualifying exam? PRICELESS
p.s. I swear I've had more people than I can count ask me about applying to graduate school, so I'm going to start writing up the advice I got from others that I found helpful when I applied to my program. Make sure you stay on the lookout for that!
Black Lives Matter: Five Years On
1 hour ago