Thursday, August 28, 2008

Day 3 of the Democratic Convention

I THOROUGHLY enjoyed day 3 of the convention...

Bill Clinton finally got his mind back and reminded all of us why we loved him in the first place... my favorite line?

people have always been more impressed with the power of our example, than the example of our power

Although I'm not sure he will ever be able to completely repair the damage done to his image this primary season... this speech was certainly a good start...

I was so much more impressed with his speech than I was with HRC's... he did EXACTLY what he needed to do... I LOVED the fact that he compared his candidacy to Obama's and went so far as to say... as a former president... he could guarantee that Obama was qualified....

I head that the Joe Biden and John Kerry speeches were really good... I'm going to check them out on you tube momentarily...

(after watching the Kerry speech... I absolutely love how he was talking about speaking truth to power... and that Obama would finally be the one to speak that truth....)

And how could I forget!

Like a lot of folks I was definetly nervous about this roll call vote business... so I was pleasantly surprised when it ended so gracefully...

I couldn't help but get emotional watching some of the older black women on television start to cry after Obama had officially been nominated.... many of them never thought they would live to see the first black man nominated for president by a major U.S. party... it was beautiful!

I was more impressed with HRC when she requested that Obama be nominated by acclimation, than I was with her entire speech last night...

I'm so excited for tonight!

peace.

No comments: